Blaby and District Lions Club
Blaby and District Lions Club was formed in 1987 with the object of serving the community whilst deriving enjoyment from its activities and the fellowship of its members. It has become one of the premier service organisations in the area.
Who are we?
The club members live or work in the Blaby District and together with an extended circle of friends and family, organise fundraising and community projects as well as meeting regularly for social events.
We hold our business meetings at Enderby Social Club on the second Wednesday of the month. At these meeting we plan fund raising events and consider requests and proposals for the distribution of funds to worthy causes. We discuss and plan ways in which we can participate in local, national and international projects as a club or as part of the wider Lions International organisation.
Social events are held monthly at local venues and usually take place on the fourth Wednesday of every month. Subject to limitations on numbers these events are normally open to members’ family and friends. As part of the club's recruitment drive we are inviting members of the local community to join us at our (free) 'film night' evening in Autumn/Winter 2019 to meet the club members are find out what is involved in being a 'Lion'. Have a look at the films we will be showing and let us know if you're interested in coming along (you need to be over 18 years of age).
Lions membership is open to people from all walks of life and is a friendly way of serving the community. Our Club is made up of people with many individual talents, meets twice a month for one business meeting and one social event, carries out projects to the benefit of those in need, organises fundraising events, helps others achieve their goals, makes life fun with social events for members and their family and friends.
- charity beer festival in Cosby, raising funds for ProstAid
- charity quiz nights, twice a year, raising funds for a range of charities
- collecting on behalf of Children in Need and Marie Curie
- supporting local galas and summer fetes
- diabetes awareness campaign
- donating to the international disaster appeals
- tree planting at local schools and wild flower planting
- sponsoring local young people and clubs
- making up and delivering Christmas hampers to the elderly
Recent Social Events
- Skittles and 10 pin bowling
- Crazy golf
- Quiz nights
- local Treasure Hunt
- visit to a local brewery
- Concert at De Montfort Hall